sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Wiki Page

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Wiki Page
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 20:02:35 -0400

On Friday 06 June 2003 23:23, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Sergey A. Lipnevich said:
> > OK, that was easy to get back to normal, but what do we do in terms of
> > prevention?
>
> I believe there's a way to require logging in before being able to modify
> anything on the wiki, but I am not sure.

Wikipedia works just fine with anyone in the world being able to edit a page.
It also has people watching RecentChanges at all hours, so if someone sees
garbage on a page, he can alert a sysop and get it removed quickly.

I suggest that three people (ideally eight hours apart on the globe) be
notified when anything changes on the wiki.

phma
--
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
.ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga