sm-users - [SM-Users] Strangeness with Sorcery Rebuild

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Roger Shaffer Jr." <rashaffer AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Strangeness with Sorcery Rebuild
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:39:25 -0500

Hey All,

I had a power failure in the midst of a Sorcery Rebuild and have been getting
some strange behaviour since then. Everything else seems to work well
whether it's casting one or several spells on a queue. Sorcery Update is
good as is Sorcery System-Update. Unfortunately, when I try to rebuild, it
get's stuck in an infinite loop during the phase where it preps every spell
and spits out:

Preparing Environment for $spell
Checking Dependencies for $spell

for every spell in the queue. It just keeps cycling through the queue.

I did find that the crash wrote a part of an email to the top of
/var/state/sorcery/packages

I'm thinking there might be some other corrupted file that is causing the
loop. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Rog