sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Problems with X/Radeon/GL/alsa

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Jose Bernardo Silva <josebernardo1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Reapl Paratorn <reapl AT reapl.net>, sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Problems with X/Radeon/GL/alsa
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:09:51 +0000 (GMT)

--- Reapl Paratorn <reapl AT reapl.net> wrote: > Howdy,

> 4. sound levels arent sticking
> I use alsamixer to change sound levels, I unmute
> and everything
> works fine, until I reboot, then everything is muted
> again. I'm thining
> this should be simple to fix, but atm I am brain
> dead.

This one is easy, uncoment alsactl restore in
/etc/modules.d/alsa. When you set your sound levels
the way you want them, just do a alsactl restore.

> 5. hardware sound levels
> and for one last thing. In windows on the laptop
> the IBM drivers
> change the hardware volume levels when I change the
> windows volume
> level. Now it seems the ALSA support doesn't do
> this, am I right? Cause
> atm if I have the sound volume down really low in
> windows, when I reboot
> to linux I get basically no sound even with
> everything on maximum. Any
> thoughts (even a rtfm will be accepted on this one,
> cause I havent done
> that as yet, just thought while I was putting stuff
> here I would try and
> pull stuff from your brains)

That is a strange one, have you tried googling for it?
Which sound hardware does your laptop have?

Well, good luck. I hope someone else can help you with
your xfree86 problems.