sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] Section update: kernels

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us
  • Cc: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] Section update: kernels
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:11:13 +0100

Wolfgang Scheicher, Grimoire Guru for kernel section:

New spells:
none

Updated spells:
linux

Removed spells:
none

Notes:
most work of this big update was done my Seth Woolley, big thanks to him for
that.

Added MD5 and GPG support to linux spell. Now nothing should be downloaded
from this spell without some sort of verification.

GPG was chosen because the spell allows one to arbitrarily pick CUSTOM
kernels, and kernel.org already has a .sign file for every regular file.

All patches have all MD5s filled in and line added to call MD5PATCH script,
unless gpg would work on them as those have a GPGPATCH call instead and their
PUBRINGFILE variable set.

Various patches were updated along the way. as well as ck patch split up into
ck and ck_extras, and Raven framebuffer made optional by doing it by patch.

If this turns out to work well, we should imho consider moving GPG support to
sorcery

Worf