sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]j2sdk-src spell, corrected

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Jose Bernardo Silva <josebernardo1 AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>, SubmitSpells <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]j2sdk-src spell, corrected
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:52:16 -0600 (CST)

Success! After storing and restoring LD_PRELOAD around 'make' and
temporarily renaming /usr/include/jni.h, it built successfully. However, I
still had a problem when the spell tries to copy from /usr/src to
/opt/:

cp -a j2sdk-image /opt/java/j2sdk-1.4.0-tt &&

Unfortunately, I erased the exact error messages, but there were to
libjsig.so files and a man/ja directory that caused error messages about
preserving ownership. These files and directory were all symbolic links,
so that was causing the problem. My guess is that this is the same problem
with tar during the make. Maybe leave LD_PRELOAD unset until the end of
BUILD.

I'm trying again with the LD_PRELOAD unset and a couple lines to
temporarily mv /usr/include/jni.h. Also going to remove the dynamic
lesstif patch.

I'll update you a little later...

-casey