sm-sorcery - [SM-Sorcery] To Sorcery Developers: New Team Lead

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: "Eric D. Schabell M.Sc." <sorcery AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Sorcery] To Sorcery Developers: New Team Lead
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:38:46 +0100

Howdy all,

As I assume you all have heard, I will be taking over the Sorcery Team Lead
up to 1.0 release of Source Mage.

I have see the list of developers on the org chart and wanted to have you all
check in with me (private e-mail) to let me know what you are working on at
the moment. The list of develpers is as follows:

Martin Ruderer || sorrow
Dufflebunk || dufflebunk
Robin Cook || CuZnDragon
Sergey A. Lipnevich)) || b3
Robert Helgesson || rycee
Chris Brien || zero_the_hero
Karsten Behrmann || BearPerson
Tom Large || disoray

This will give me an idea of who is busy and who is not active anymore (time
to clean up the listing?).

Furthermore, the team objectives are listed as follows on the wiki:

1. Define and document API. (almost done, I guess)
2. Document the general design.
3. Add some messaging system. (failure, success, user messages..)
4. Get crosscompiling to work
5. Deal with multi-grimoire problems..
6. Stable Sorcery release every month by the 15th!
7. Recruit more help in sorcery development.

Progress Log
===========
* API definition. A libapi is in sorcery now, libapi_commands' still missing.
* Design documentation, almost nothing done there. Most of sorcery's
functions are documented now.
* Translating libraries to bashdoc format.
* Working on cvs recovery at new location (computer center in NL's).
* Crosscompiling

Done Items
=========
* Grimoire updates via rsync.
* the new liblock is in sorcery.
* Find new Team Lead. Feb 2003
* Migrate open bugs to newest version or close. Feb 2003

I would like to hear your comments as Sorcery Developers as to what is valid
and what is not in the above listing. Do we have everything that we need to
get done by 1.0 in this list?

As for bugs, I have 83 listed currently, I will be going thru them and either
marking as a Feature (post 1.0), Invalid (for older versions of sorcery), or
moving to 1.5 sorcery for our march to the final version for 1.0 SMGL (which
will be sorcery 2.0).

All input from the developement team is desired as soon as possible. Thanks
for the help and cooperation.

- --

/**
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.