sm-sorcery - Re: [SM-Sorcery] Unique grimoire names

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Sorcery] Unique grimoire names
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:48:12 -0400

On Saturday 16 August 2003 19:07, Martin Ruderer wrote:
> Firstly, I'd like to show you what the grimoire name is. ;-)
> e.g. GRIMOIRE[0]="/var/lib/sorcery/codex/games"
> In that case the grimoire name is "games".

I was, of course, being silly. I sometimes mix up the grammar when I don't
understand something.

How many Lojbanists does it take to change a broken light bulb?
Two: one to decide what to change it into, and one to figure out what kind of
bulb emits broken light.

> And the question is if we should allow multiple grimoires with the same
> name but with different locations, for instance:
>
> GRIMOIRE[0]="/var/lib/sorcery/codex/games"
> GRIMOURE[1]="/home/martin/smgl/games"
>
> If we want the names to be unique, we have to enforce it somehow, for
> instance with an error at scribe add if the name already exists.
> Or cast bailing out in that case, whatever.
> (Should be discussed later, if necessary.)
>
> The question arises with bugs like #2245 and #843.
> They want some tools to be grimoire aware, like
> "cast sylpheed --grimoire $GRIMOIRE"
> The more convenient way is to let $GRIMOIRE be only the name, not the
> path. I know these bugs are not really vitally important, but it would
> be nice anyways. At the very least as an effort to chop our bug list a
> bit. Still 55 bugs at least.
>
> (Don't rant at --grimoire, there are other suggestion, but that's off
> topic here. ;-)

I don't understand why one would want two grimoires with the same name. I
have
a grimoire called "local", which contains spells I'm writing and my CVS
AbiWord spell, and it is first in my codex (so that I get the CVS Abi). I
could see having another local grimoire which is last. But two with the same
name?

phma
--
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do