sm-sorcery - [SM-Sorcery] Spell indexing

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-sorcery <sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Sorcery] Spell indexing
  • Date: 03 Mar 2003 02:31:36 -0500

I'm adding spell indexing to libcodex. This will eventualy completely
replace the current method of searching through on average 1/2 the
directories in the multi-grimoire to find a spell. Each grimoire will
have it's own index.
Updating the index for any grimoire is quick, 0.2 seconds for me. It'll
be done automaticaly when you scribe update, and I'll be adding 'scribe
reindex' for developers who will be moving stuff around.
I think this should have a noticable effect in cast times, particularly
for large bunches of spells.
Just a heads up. If you want to test it, try
http://dufflebunk.homeip.net/~sorcerer/sorcery.tar.bz2 (once I get the
frikin samba share to be writable I'll put my tarball up).

PGP public key at
http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3327A9A5
F1