sm-sorcery - [SM-Sorcery]Architecture Selection Code - Will this work?

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Mark Andrews <msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com>
  • To: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Sorcery]Architecture Selection Code - Will this work?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:50:37 +0100

Hello All,

I've just been looking at the best place to put my auto-processor
selection code. Am I right in thinking that if I create a bash script
called "auto" in /var/lib/sorcery/archspecs/ia32 that sets things like:

CPUNAME=`egrep "model name" /proc/cpuinfo | cut -d: -f2 | uniq`

That it will work without needing any edits to the sorcery code?

I guess what am I asking is if the archspecs are executed somewhere
sensible..

--
Best regards,
Mark mailto:msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com