sm-sorcery - [SM-Sorcery]parallel make

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Sorcery]parallel make
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:45:11 -0700

I like how there is now support for parallel make, but ive noticed that it
tries to do the make install phase in parallel also, this almost always
breaks based on the nature of installing files, whereas compilation is
typically more dendancy based and can easily be run in parallel. Is
there a way to specify the number of jobs for each phase? I know it
has the option of asking to try again if it fails, but ive had a few
spells mess themselves up by installing certain files before breaking,
then the single job make after fails.

  • [SM-Sorcery]parallel make, Andrew, 09/24/2002