sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] proposed sm-updates ML

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • Cc: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] proposed sm-updates ML
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 16:02:28 -0500

I remember Dufflebunk wrote a script to find new versions of spells, and it worked pretty well. I don't see him around lately, but the script's URL is in the archives. I'll try to find it, meanwhile I added this tidbit to the page.

Andrew wrote:

As discussed at todays admin meeting we thought it would be a good idea to
have a mailing list signed up to all the freshmeat/sourceforge announce
lists that apply to us. Then we can all be more informed, and new guru's
can help apply the version updates more quickly while the more seasoned
veterans can take care of the complicated stuff.

We also thought it would be a good idea to have a bot periodically scan
the download location for spells to find updates, either for redundancy
information or for the spells we have missed on FM/SF.