sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] new init system

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: Grimoire <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] new init system
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:08:18 +0200

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 08:32:58PM -0500, Geoffrey Derber wrote:
> modprobe nvidia
>
> neither init script, both of which are set as executable, are being run,
> also, when I start X, the nvidia module isn't being loaded, I have to
> manually load it prior to trying to start X, otherwise I get error
> messages about not being able to load the nvidia module.

To make the nvidia module autoload, recast NVIDIA_driver, which will put
the correct line for devfs in /etc/modules.conf (alias /dev/nvidia*
nvidia). You'll also need devfsd to use module autoloading with devfs,
then put the following in /etc/devfsd.conf if it isn't already there:
LOOKUP .* MODLOAD

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video