sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] xchat / xchat2

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • To: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • Cc: Grimoire <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] xchat / xchat2
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:35:49 -0500

Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 07:33:30AM +0200, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:29:14PM -0500, Geoffrey Derber wrote:

I just thought I'd make this announcement. I've updated xchat to the same version as xchat2 a few days ago, and in a week or so I plan to remove the xchat2 spell. I'd rather only maintain one version of the spell. Please switch over and feel free to comment on some of the changes I've made with the xchat spell.

Good idea to add the options, some thoughts about them:

building gtk frontend/using xlib: how about making gtk+2 an
optional_depends and disabling those options when it's not used. That
way it will still be possible to build xchat-text on a system without X
when gtk+2 depends on xfree86 (which it should).

Another note, the dependencies don't work here, but i have no idea why:
Preparing environment for xchat enable IPv6 (default: no) [n] n
enable use of Xft directly (default: no) [n] n
disable building gtk frontend [n] n
disable building text frontend [n] n
disable use of xlib (for non X11 systems) [n] n
disable plugin support [n] n
disable MMX assembly routines [n] n
/tmp/casting.9023: line 377: private_remove_dependees: command not found
Collating dependancies...
Spells are to be cast:
---------------------------
xchat

It then goes on casting, but doesn't save the spell config or the
dependencies.

Ok, to make it save the spell config and make it save the CONFIGURE
options, the options all have to have something in the third argument to
configure_optional:
configure_optional 'ipv6' '--enable-ipv6' '--disable-ipv6' 'enable IPv6
(default: no)' n

Thanks, I'll make that modification soon.

Geoff