sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] Mozilla installation

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: "Jimmy Yen(顏孝杰)" <jimmy AT yen.tp>
  • To: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] Mozilla installation
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 02:49:33 +0800

Eric Sandall wrote:

Sergey A. Lipnevich said:

There used to be a "./configure
--enable-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/mozilla" option, but LFS
hints say it's not relevant anymore, and that was my experience. I'm
trying to make sure it does/does not work right now.

Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:

I don't want to do that, that's the point.

Jason Flatt wrote:

Is it possible to modify the Makefile to remove the version, or is it
more complicated than that?

Perhaps we could create the directory /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (which all
'graphical-web-browser's create) and then have mozilla move it's files
from /usr/lib/mozilla-<version>/plugins into this directory, delete the
old directory, then make a symlink to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins ->
/usr/lib/mozilla-<version>/plugins?

To me, this sounds like it would solve our problems while not making
another directory that we then have to tell applications to look to for
plugins.

Thoughts?

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

Um, why not just 'sln /usr/lib/mozilla /usr/lib/mozilla-$VERSION' before 'make install'? Sounds even simpler to me.

Jimmy Yen, aka haoto