sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] PAM and GDM2..need help

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Jonathan Evraire <evraire AT tuwg.com>
  • To: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <Sorcerer AT TheDragonsEdge.com>
  • Cc: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] PAM and GDM2..need help
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:19:36 +0000 (UTC)

It's funny 'cause I experienced both these issues. For the second one I
really can't help you: I just thought it was cool, decided to try it out
and when it failed I gave up on it.

As for the first one, all I can say is when I had GDM 2.0 it worked
great and came up fast. When I got the 2.2.0 upgrade I experienced the
same issue as you, and it drove me mad!!! That's why as soon as GDM 2.4
was released I installed it and lucky me, it was speedy again!

So I'm not sure what version of GDM you're using, but you may want to
upgrade to the latest version (maybe even the latest version in the devel
grimoire). I remember trying a recompilation of gdm2 with no success, so
maybe it's one of the Gnome libraries, or maybe PAM?

Good luck! While not being very helpful, at least it shows there's
hope. ;)

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com