sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire]Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]init.d spell update section sgl

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us
  • Cc: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire]Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]init.d spell update section sgl
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:22:55 -0400

Eric Sandall wrote:
I wanted to test it before asking someone how to update preforce...
which is a good thing since Treeve Jelbert found a bug. You go, Treeve!

so... how do I use preforce? and can I update the utils spells this is
going to impact?

Do you have a perforce account? If not, talk to Tony. If so, ask the
maintainers before playing around, but I'm pretty sure they'll say "yes". :) Especially since we need to get the ball rolling on a good init
system.

Most of the spells affected seem to be in the utils group, I submitted a couple of bugs on them already and was waiting for a reply. A couple of others, like cups and alsa, are going to be real pains, since the freaking "make install" puts the scripts in place, playing bloody hell with my own plans for world domination, I tell you.

I kinda figured out a way to automate this for a working system, excepting figuring out the module being used by a given nic. Any easy way to find that?

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"