sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire]Xfree86 spell problem

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • To: SM-Grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire]Xfree86 spell problem
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:12:01 +0200

I built xfree86 using gcc3.2 under linux 2.4.19 (no patches) without drm/dri
and had no problems

That was before the sorcery upgrade, if that is relevant.

It looks as if there is a compatiblity issue between xfree86/dma and
linux-2.4.19. I had a similar problem a long time back with a 2.4.19-pre
kernel. At that time I stopped using drm/dri in xfree86, as I was not
interested in i810 code, having a Ati Rage 128.
--
Regards, Treeve