sm-grimoire - [SM-Grimoire]linux-new spell

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • To: Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
  • Cc: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Grimoire]linux-new spell
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:21:57 +0200

I have just used this spell to build 2.4.20-pre5 while running 2.4.20-pre4

I also have alsa-driver installed, which is rebuilt automatically by the
spell.

Unfortunately, alsa-driver installs into
/lib/modules/2.4.20-pre4/kernel/sound/, because it relies on the running
kernel.

In fact, this spell should only be rebuilt after rebooting into the new
kernel. Is there any way to enforce this, possibly by using a trigger
script? Maybe have a separate list of spells to be rebuilt after a reboot?

Presumably anybody using linux-2.5.x would know that he should not install
alsa-driver, as it is part of the kernel at that level.
--
Regards, Treeve

  • [SM-Grimoire]linux-new spell, Treeve Jelbert, 08/29/2002