sm-grimoire - [SM-Grimoire]spell names (bis)

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Laurent Wandrebeck <wandre.l AT free.fr>
  • To: Source Mage Grimoire <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Grimoire]spell names (bis)
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:28:14 +0200

again ppl !
well, i've finished the shell script to lowercase spell names,
and take care of DEPENDS and CONFLICTS. I had to edit wget's CONFLICT
by hand because it's the only one containing a var definition :
if spell_installed w3c-libwww; then
dispel w3c-libwww
CAST_LIBWWW="y" <- this one would become lowercased
fi

i hope this little work will be usefull for the KISS principle
(Keep It Simple and Stupid), and I think such "cleaning" is necessary
to go to a bright 1.0 :-) You'll find as attached file the
script, and i'd like you to test it.
I hope this won't cause any problem due to sorcery, gaze
or summon "badly" coded which take cares of spell name instead of
SPELL and VERSION variables, or any mistake on my own...
i've quickly taken a look at POST* and PRE* but i've found nothing
that would need some processing to take care of lowercasing.
I don't really know if it is useful to lowercase files present
in /var/log/sorcery/compile/, /var/log/sorcery/install/ and
/var/log/sorcery/md5sum/ so i didn't make any function for it,
as my knowledge of sorcery and such is limited. if such a thing is
needed, please tell me and i'll add a function for it, or apply
the do it yourself ;). I know that my way of coding will probably
frighten some ppl, but i'm not a bash guru, just some kind of a beginner.

best regards,
Laurent.

  • [SM-Grimoire]spell names (bis), Laurent Wandrebeck, 07/29/2002