sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire]Spell Maintainers . . .

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>
  • Cc: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire]Spell Maintainers . . .
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:14:05 -0700

I think that we need to do two things:
1) email everyone who is not a guru, whose email is listed as the
maintainer of a spell, this can be scripted fairly easily and formatted
out to one email per address with a list of all the spells (instead of
one email per spell). The email should ask them what spells, if any
they are seriously interested in maintaining, with a time limit of a
few days to reply. If they respond with serious intent to maintain the
spell, then they stay maintainer, otherwise its handed off to a guru,
which leads me to my second point:

2) we should have more guru's for the larger sections, the disk section i
noticed on an older chart already has 2 guru's IIRC. The smaller sections
(like the ham section) can stay with one unless it gets larger then
what seems reasonable for one guru to maintain.

also, i think letting all the guru's help out over the entire grimoire
is also a good idea, but there should be an 'official' guru(s) for
each section, then any change that someone else makes can be sent to
the official guru (so they know whats going on).