sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] help!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>, sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] help!
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 12:17:03 -0800

On 1/10/19 07:02, Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was experimenting with util-linux spell and something went beserk.
> After the dispel, it started deleting lots of files, including all the
> sorcery logs and state data.
>
> The system boots and runs, but I have no sorcery data.
>
> I then discovered that that data was missing from my backups.
> I do have lots of cache files, so I was contemplating resurrecting all
> the caches, or else extracting the tablet data from the cache file.
> Is there a better way, possibly in cauldron or sorcery?
>
> I only need the sorcery data from the caches, not the installed files.
>
> Regards, Treeve

From your /var/cache/sorcery/ files (if those are the caches you're
referring to), they include the /var/log/sorcery and
/var/state/sorcery/tablet/ information, so you could untar them and
specify just those folders, e.g. `tar -C / -xvf
/var/cache/sorcery/zziplib-0.13.69-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
var/log/sorcery var/state/sorcery/tablet`

-sandalle

  • [SM-Discuss] help!, Treeve Jelbert, 01/10/2019
    • Re: [SM-Discuss] help!, Eric Sandall, 01/10/2019