sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] ca-certificates & openssl

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Source Mage Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] ca-certificates & openssl
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 12:17:24 +0200

All,

The current version of ca-certificates in test is too new for the
current version of openssl, it requires at least version 1.1.0.

The error occurs when running the update-ca-certificates script with
openssl complaining that it doesn't know the rehash command. The script
has changed from using c_rehash to using openssl rehash instead, which
requires openssl 1.1.0 or higher.

So we either should upgrade openssl to 1.1.0i or even 1.1.1, or if we
can't for some reason we need to downgrade ca-certificates to a previous
version or probably preferably patch it.

Is there any specific reason we haven't switched to openssl 1.1.*?

Regards, Remko