sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Switching to UEFI

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Switching to UEFI
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 18:57:11 -0500

Yeah, I did a setup like this ≈2 years ago. IIRC Gentoo howto on their
wiki was quite helpful and I only took a few lines, the rest was pretty
straightforward. I have almost identical setup on my 2 laptops. Both
have dual-boot with W7/W10.

The only spell I needed was efibootmgr 0.6.0. And this fstab line:

/dev/sda1 /boot/efi vfat defaults,ro 0 1

I've also noticed you recently bumped efibootmgr[0] to the latest.
Can't we use 'SMGL' instead of 'SourceMage' so it doesn't break the
spelling?

[0]
https://github.com/sourcemage/grimoire/commit/583bd7d201b7e569a481a13913dc3bbcaa49ffa5