sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Switching to UEFI

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Switching to UEFI
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 11:13:34 +0100

I am planning to replace my 6 year old notebook by something faster. It is likely that this will mean using UEFI on a GPT device.

I was thinking of cloning an existing system to a GPT drive, adding an efi partition, updating the kernel for newer devices and installing uefi-grub2.

Ideally it would also dual-boot into Win10.

Has anyone tried something like this or have any suggestions?

Regards, Treeve