sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] LC usage in cast

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] LC usage in cast
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 14:21:03 +0200

when I cast certain spells I get the following

Warning: You are using 'ANSI_X3.4-1968' which is not a Unicode-compatible locale.
You might see errors if you use UTF-8 strings as filenames, as strings, or as file contents.
Please switch to a UTF-8 locale for your platform.

My environment is
# env |grep LC
LC_ALL=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_TIME=

I see that cast resets LC_ALL

# HACK for bug 2910 and 10546
if [[ -n ${saved_lc_all} ]] ; then
export LC_ALL=$saved_lc_all
else
unset LC_ALL
fi

If I disable this code, the warning disappears.

Is that hack still needed, or can we haz?