sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] mesalib UP_TRIGGERS

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] mesalib UP_TRIGGERS
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 18:44:45 +0200

Hi Treeve (and all),

did you intend to trigger recasts on every mesalib minor version
update? We get this on nearly every update:

if [[ "${VERSION%.*}" != "${OLD_SPELL_VERSION%.*}" ]]; then
message "This is an ABI incompatible update of mesalib..."
message "Determining which spells need to be recast, this may take a
while."

And I think that it is really not necessary (going from 11.1 to 11.2
now). I would prefer not recasting Xorg and friends all the time. Do
you remember exactly what kind of breakage we had (have, with stable
using mesalib 7.x) when upgrading mesalib?

Perhaps we should just check for xorg-server version, as that is the
only spell actually concerned?

Alrighty then,

Thomas