sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Web & bugs on freki & sourcemage.ru deprecation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Web & bugs on freki & sourcemage.ru deprecation
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:32:08 -0400

Hi all!

The last time Thomas mentioned SMGL on IRC:

sobukus> Stealth: anything on the server move? http://www.sourcemage.org is
so embarrassing that I rather not mention anymore that I use SMGL.

I had to wipe out my tears over our status and free up some time on the
last weekend to work on the move. So here we go.

beta.sourcemage.ru has been moved to freki. It will be sitting under
this host:

http://sourcemage.guru/

until Jeremy decides to point DNS to the IP address, and sourcemage.org
is already configured there, so I only need to change a couple of
redirections and make a few commits after the actual DNS switch.

There's a fresh copy of beta.sourcemage.ru which is sync'ed (since it's
just a mercurial repo) with bitbucket.org automatically on every
website change here:

https://bitbucket.org/sourcemage/website-pages/

Along with that all templates and the website core (with news-blog) are
also there:

https://bitbucket.org/sourcemage/website/

To get write access to the website, feel free to contact me and send
your credentials you can generate by using this htdigest script:

==
#!/bin/sh
user=$1
realm=$2
pass=$3

hash=`echo -n "$user:$realm:$pass" | md5sum | cut -b -32`

echo "$user:$realm:$hash"
==

where $realm is "Restricted Zone".

I'm also planning to bring up git mirrors for all of our projects on
bitbucket to drop single point of failure[0] for the mirror at github.

Next, bugs.sourcemage.ru has been migrated to:

http://bugs.sourcemage.guru/

Which is our bugzilla, but powered by SQLite database instead (I have
both dumps for SQLite and PostgreSQL of it though if you need them).

I also have dumps for Redmine and its database if we need to backport
bugs from it to our new bugzilla (including scripts that help to
automate that procedure somehow).

Both websites use https for auth stuff (self-signed *.sourcemage.guru
cert for 3 years; will be replaced by *.sourcemage.org one once we
switch DNS).

"Mage" service that generates email-addresses for Developers page is
also there:

http://mage.sourcemage.guru/

Additionally, I announce about deprecation of sourcemage.ru domain,
which will be expired in less than one week. Now sourcemage.us takes its
place and it also becomes a read-only (not really read-only for me
though :-) mirror for our primary website sourcemage.guru (upcoming
sourcemage.org). I will be switching all external services (like our
bittorrent tracker) to it shortly (or we should probably think of
pointing official sourcemage.org-based hosts to them).

For now, what do we need is a DNS switch, which means we need to point
these hosts to freki's IP address (72.29.99.113):

- sourcemage.org
- www.sourcemage.org
- bugs.sourcemage.org
- static.sourcemage.org
- mage.sourcemage.org

and take care of the backups.

If you find any issue(s) on the website/bugs/server, please let me know,
so I would be able to fix it before we roll out under sourcemage.org.

Thanks.

[0]
https://deanclatworthy.com/2013/01/how-to-avoid-relying-on-github-mirror-your-repository/

--