sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Infrastructure status

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Infrastructure status
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 13:18:52 -0500

On Apr 06, Jeremy Blosser [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> On Apr 06, Vlad Glagolev [stealth AT tiberian.ru] wrote:
> > was there some DNS issue?
>
> Paperwork snafu with the renewal of the domain name with the registrar.

And by "paperwork snafu", I mean: I had an alarm it was due to expire, so
went to renew it last week. At that time it was showing another year until
expiration at the registrar, so I thought my alarm was wrong. Turns out
this was incorrect; I don't know why it was showing it incorrectly, but it
was. I suspect somewhere their backend processed part of the expiration
early, because when they expire domains they move the expiration out to
allow for a grace period. I have a lot of domains on this registrar across
multiple projects and have never had an issue like this, but will be
keeping a closer eye on it for at least a while.

The renewal I put in was for five years, so it won't be a concern again any
time soon for SMGL.