sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Popularity, visibility, and level of involvement

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Popularity, visibility, and level of involvement
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 19:57:36 -0500

On 03/18/2016 09:53 PM, Vlad Glagolev wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Sorry Jeremy, I didn't have time to argue with all of the below.
> The only thing I want to say is that I have always been free to give
> access to the server regarding beta+friends' fs level + sudo along with
> the site itself.
>
> But the truth is that the page:
>
> http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Authors
>
> still has only me, which means everyone has been busy without some time
> to edit a line on the resource and ask for access (which I offered
> several times). I don't want to blame anyone, though.

Well, I tried to edit the resource page: http://i.imgur.com/JWgMbVF.png

I looked for those credentials in the sm-discuss archives, or in IRC,
and they were never given away. I didn't have any other way of
contacting you. Wasn't sure what to do at that point, so I did the only
thing I was able to do.

> Reality is that with your decision and controlling the domain, almost
> 1.5 years of user experience went to /dev/null. You've just proved that
> the desire to have it on specific hardware is more important than our
> web-presence and evolution of the project. Thanks for that.
>
> But okay, lesson learned. Too bad the price was too high though.
>
> To the team:
>
> Sorry for my personal outage (it never affected beta.sourcemage.ru and
> bugs.sourcemage.ru though :^), I've made relocation to NYC the hard way.
> But now everything is good, and I'll be using some free time to move
> beta and bugs to freki. It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

That's good to hear, the site you put together is very professional looking.

--
David Kowis