sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Return of the ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Return of the ISO
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 04:42:46 -0600

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 09:32:24AM +0900, flux AT sourcemage.org wrote:

> tl;dr New iso, it's certified crap but has lots of new features/changes,
> please test it
>
> While not ready for a "general" release (i.e., this release is _not_
> intended
> for general public consumption), the new iso is finally at a stage where it
> can start being tested by Source Mage _developers_ (i.e., people who know
> what
> they're doing within our ecosystem, and have likely experienced previous
> iso
> installs).

It's nice to see a new ISO!!

I'm not a Source Mage developer, so maybe I shouldn't have tried it, but I
did anyway. I didn't get very far.

In the disk-format step it lists mkfs.ext3 as one of the example commands to
create a filesystem, but that command isn't found.

I tried ext2, xfs, and reiser filesystems. When I try to mount them I get
an unknown filesystem error in the disk-mount step. Trying to load the
kernel modules for the above filesystems gets an error while loading shared
libraries: liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: no such file or
directory. Also, the disk-mount step instructions displays $ENCHANT_TARGET
instead of the mount point that should be used to mount the root filesystem.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.

  • Re: [SM-Discuss] Return of the ISO, Kevin Monceaux, 01/01/2016