sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Component Lead Nominations: Project Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Component Lead Nominations: Project Lead
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 19:53:39 -0600

Just got back in town after being away for a very busy weekend, and I'm
kind of fried, so hopefully this email makes sense :)

On 01/31/2015 09:29 AM, Vlad Glagolev wrote:
> Since we had no proper (seconded) nominations, and even non-seconded
> was the only one, David is auto-reelected as our Project Lead!
> According to our policies[0] his term will begin tomorrow (1 Feb 2015).
>
> Congratulations!

TBH, I'm surprised there weren't other nominations. I'll continue as PL.
You guys know the time commitments RL is going to demand of me soon, so
we should probably get an Assistant PL. I'll think about that, and get
it done soonish. I'll even put it on my calendar, so I don't forget
about it.

> I'd call for some organizational clean up then.
>
> We need to check how correct information on our Developers page is:
>
> http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Developers
>
> A couple of weeks ago I saw Ismael's script to check our repositories
> for the last commits (and sorted by name, afaik) to detect active
> developers for the last year/half-of-year. Let's count them and correct
> the Developers page if needed (should look at our developer
> organization document[1]).

If we haven't updated it, we should include things like documentation,
running servers, and other non-commit based activities as necessary.

> According to our IRC policy[2], corresponding actions must be taken for
> our IRC channels, which haven't been updated for a very long time.
> Let's correct them too.

Get me a list for IRC and I'll clean it up.