sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Vote for a new webface, optimized.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Vote for a new webface, optimized.
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 21:16:21 +0300

Hello, mages!

It is a good day to vote. Exactly a month ago, on 23 of December, I
started to work on a prototype of our future website, bringing back
good old memories while providing some new and powerful playground for
better expansion on the Web.

And here it is. You can view the final result:

http://beta.sourcemage.ru

It has passed 500 revisions since the first day of development (besides
CSS, JS and news engine changes). After doing all this I can mark it as
a production version, which is ready for our voting procedure.

For the production version I've added WSGI-compliant gzip middleware to
compress all dynamic pages. Other optimization tasks included adding
proper "Expires" and "Cache-Control" headers, as well as "Etag" headers
according to a type of content. All of the above is turned on now.

As per our Voting Policy[0], the issue vote is open. Someone may second
it and after that we will have a vote.

This is not a test!

The version of the site is just a starting point. More work is expected
(with some help of all mages, of course!), including these steps:

- fill release pages for grimoires 0.16-0.61
- combine recent documentation on the Cauldron (and probably old
installer instructions too)
- add international pages of the docs we have (if we need them)
- write down our great Roadmaps for all parts of the distro
- gather all standards and coding conventions we have and write the
missing ones
- resurrect personal pages for current and old developers -- around 150
contributors total! (again -- if we need them)

Thanks to all who helped to make this idea become real!

[0] http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Policy/Voting#head-1-5

--
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>