sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] spells not failing when BUILD fails?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] spells not failing when BUILD fails?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 09:52:48 +0100

On Wednesday 25 of December 2013 18:05:16 Javier Vasquez wrote:
> Yesterday I realized that tzdata is not failing, and actually installs
> (nothing?), even when the building stage fails.
>
> Today I realized the same with aterm. Aterm is deprecated:
>
> http://www.afterstep.org/aterm.php
>
> And currently fails to build given:
>
> ******
> main.c: In function 'main':
> main.c:2128:2: error: 'dpy' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dpy = Xdisplay ;
> ^
> ******
>
> I remember realizing about aterm deprecation some time back, but I
> forgot. Any ways, it helped me confirm there's something weird, given
> the spells are "installing", even if they fail to build, :-(
>
> Thanks,
Hey,

tzdata has incomplete chaining in INSTALL:
- every but the last rm in the loop could fail and the would still be seen as
success
- install after all the zics is unchained, so if anything failed before, the
execution will continue there. Since the rest of the file is almost trivial,
this was the cause of your problem.

aterm is wierder, since it uses default_build. If you try to build it
manually, does the failure actually produce an exit status of non-zero?

LP
--
To err is humor
www.gemrb.org