sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] spells not failing when BUILD fails?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] spells not failing when BUILD fails?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 18:05:16 -0600

Yesterday I realized that tzdata is not failing, and actually installs
(nothing?), even when the building stage fails.

Today I realized the same with aterm. Aterm is deprecated:

http://www.afterstep.org/aterm.php

And currently fails to build given:

******
main.c: In function 'main':
main.c:2128:2: error: 'dpy' undeclared (first use in this function)
dpy = Xdisplay ;
^
******

I remember realizing about aterm deprecation some time back, but I
forgot. Any ways, it helped me confirm there's something weird, given
the spells are "installing", even if they fail to build, :-(

Thanks,

--
Javier.