sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] libpng 1.6.7

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>
  • Cc: "sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] libpng 1.6.7
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:46:36 -0600

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 2:45 AM, Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>
>> wrote:

> Sounds like a good practice, right? If it is so, why isn't that added
> by default by sorcery in?
>
> /var/lib/sorcery/modules/libsorcery
>
> If not such a good practice, why would that be?
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Javier.

BTW, I missed the point of your 2nd argument on the non convenient
aspects of "--as-needed":

+++++++
2) it breaks some spells. Some spells are fixable, but some may not
be. The most common problem is a spell directly using a dependency,
but not linking to it directly, which can in certain cases lead to a
problem.
+++++++

Sorry, I got biased by it being the best course of action...

Any ways I'll take a look at the UP_TRIGGERS, and then run a script to
get all spells depending upon libpng according to "ldd". Between
those 2 things, maybe the trials gets easier, :-)

Thanks,

--
Javier.