sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] some java questions...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] some java questions...
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 10:40:29 -0600

I have looked at it and cast both without any problems, though I already had
icedtea7 installed. But the issue I see is you have a depends on JAVA but
conflict with almost all the other java. If it requires a java7 to build
then you need to depend on JAVA7 instead so that it won't delete the java via
the conflicts.

But it should also conflict with jdk7-bin because they are both creating the
below link which will be deleted once jdk7-bin is dispelled thus would break
icedtea7.

ln -sfn icedtea7-${VERSION}/ j2sdk
&&
ln -sfn icedtea7-${VERSION}/ java7
&&

ln -sfn ${INSTALL_ROOT}/usr/lib/jdk$VER/ ${INSTALL_ROOT}/usr/lib/j2sdk &&
ln -sfn ${INSTALL_ROOT}/usr/lib/jdk$VER/ ${INSTALL_ROOT}/usr/lib/java7

That is why I had it downloading a separate java before so that it could be
cast without depending on any other java.

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook