sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] new 23.0.1 firefox spells fails to installl

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] new 23.0.1 firefox spells fails to installl
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:58:14 -0600

Problem solved, though I have no clue why this was required on x86_64,
but not on x86_32.

See the key to what failed was:

../xpcshell: .../old.libraries/libsmime3.so:
version `NSS_3.15' not found
(required by
/usr/src/firefox-23.0.1/mozilla-release/firefox-build/dist/bin/libxul.so)

If you notice the failure was on "old.libraries". Where
"old.libraries" come from the previously installed firefox, which BTW,
was not compiled against latest nss.

So, by dispelling firefox prior to casting it, then there's NO
"old.libraries" created, and then there's no confusion when installing
firefox. For some reason the installer looked at "old.libraries", and
it shouldn't have, since that's old stuff not to be installed.

It took me a while just to realize it, even though it was that clear
all the time, :-)

No issues with firefox, other than not able to compile with gstreamer,
but that's a different story...

Thanks,

--
Javier.