sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Teh Future

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Teh Future
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:23:58 +0400

> Opening 6 files is difficult. Opening one file is easy. I can maintain

Eh, what? Are you serious? You're propagating *such* a reason for
breaking the modular arch of the spells? What we do have now about the
spells is amazing from both technical and maintenance points of view.
That's not about any difficulty. I can say so, because I work with
grimoire long enough and know how these things are done easily and
effectively.

And what are you trying to change is to make us look like Arch or
Gentoo in the package maintenance without any understanding why to do
this. I don't see any _sane_ reason for breaking current spell
implementation. Seriously, we have a lot of more useful stuff to
consider on instead of killing the distro from the ground.

Every spell file has its own purpose and is divided with logical
functions, which makes it damn easy to understand, write, and more
important -- DEBUG. That's a thing I really hate in software like
systemd. Which breaks UNIX philosophy and makes things more difficult
instead of making them simple for human beings.

Justin already told about tech reason to keep multi-file spell arch,
and I ++ him there.

The only real problem I see about spells in general -- is a lack of sane
documentation for new users/developers, which was buried in our ancient
wiki. But in the near future I plan to collect them in one doc-place
with updated information, according to our current status of
development in sorcery and updated grimoire functions.

I have nothing to add to any other points you braindumped.

--
Dont wait to die to find paradise...