sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Fwd: [sm-discuss] recent system update brought new binutils, breaking configure/gcc...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: [sm-discuss] recent system update brought new binutils, breaking configure/gcc...
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:40:27 -0600

++++++

Downloaded the iso "smgl-0.10.0-x86_64-rc1.iso", and its cache doesn't
include binutils, :-(

So perhaps copying binutils headers and libs from the chroot image
might do it... I looked at dependencies, and still don't understand
how come system got so broken by upgrading binutils, but 1st I need to
find a work around that works, :-)
+++++++++

Never mind... My mistake...

The work around to get things working back was to copy binaries,
headers and libs from old chroot image (newer than iso any ways). And
then I re-casted the spells...

The real problem was not the new versions of the spells coming from
test. I changed architecture from x86_64 to corei7_avx. For some
reason when doing so, and recasting binutils, nothing works...

I'll ask about what steps are to follow in order to change
architecture. Since there seems some spells are sensitive to such
change, and perhaps there's a set of steps to do that. I suspect
some, but any ways, I'll start new thread, since that becomes sort of
off-topic for this one.

Thanks and sorry,

--
Javier.