sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Lua 5.2 migration

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Lua 5.2 migration
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 22:59:48 +0400

Hey,

As you can see, Lua 5.2 is in test grimoire now.
Lua 5.1 spell was renamed to lua51, and all spells that require it,
were fixed in DEPENDS files.

I started the migration to Lua 5.2 in devel-lua52 branch. The general
idea is to update as many spells as possible to compile and work with
5.2 version.

Since we don't have so many at all (maybe a few more than 100), it
shouldn't be that hard (and changes are not that essential), but at
least prosody must be "polished" (if not by upstream yet) to support
this. Until we fix everything, lua51 spell will be kept in grimoire.

Feel free to play in that branch, and we will see full Lua 5.2 support
in the distro, I think, by 0.63-0.64 in test.

Thanks.

--
Dont wait to die to find paradise...