sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Quality Control, etc. (Was: Grimoire splitting)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Quality Control, etc. (Was: Grimoire splitting)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:47:37 -0500

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 09:16:12AM -0500, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> Personally I think the front page of a distro's web site should be
> custom, not a wiki, project management system, etc.

I meant to give an example, but got sidetracked. My personal site has
absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a Linux distro, but it's
handy to use an example. When I gave Drupal a try I tried my best to
not have the site look like an uncustomized Drupal install:

http://Drupal.RawFedDogs.net

That's an old copy of my site from back in its Drupal days. If one
has trouble accessing it, it might be because it's running on my PC at
home. Anyway, the home page has the exact same content as it did in
the site's pre-Drupal days. I did resort to using an off the shelf
theme since creating a custom Drupal theme from scratch was beyond my
abilities. I never got past the basics with Drupal. Instead of
dealing with the learning curve involved in switching from Drupal 6 to
Drupal 7 I gave up on Drupal. My site is now Django based:

http://www.RawFedDogs.net

Same basic content, but different theme and completely different under
the hood. Some updates are bogging down my web server at the moment.
If one accesses the site in the near future it might be a bit
sluggish. It should be back to normal soon.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.