sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Gnome 3

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Gnome 3
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:37:14 +0900

Robin Cook (rcook AT wyrms.net) wrote [11.04.08 12:29]:
> I will maintain the gnome2 sections if needed. I don't mean forking but
> keeping at the level it is at. Other distributions are going to be
> maintaining gnome2 so could check on them for security updates etc. It
> would just mean that we have to set it up so you can't install both
> gnome2 and gnome3 at the some time.
>
> I was maintaining them until others started applying individual updates
> to a major update that I was working on to make sure all worked properly
> that I got to the point where I didn't want to continue trying to work
> around them.
>
> CuZnDragon
> Robin Cook

This might be important to bring up during the developer meeting. Please
feel free to add it to the agenda.

This also might be related to splitting the grimoire. If there is a
separate gnome grimoire, it'd be easier to implement tighter access
controls if people were violating commit policies without affecting the
access controls for other grimoires. Thus, if you were the "section"
maintainer (I guess under this scheme you'd be a grimoire maintainer),
you could actually "thwack" people if they got out of line with their
commits. ;)

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage