sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Project Lead Vote for the 2011 term

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mark Bainter <mbainter-smgl AT trampledstones.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Project Lead Vote for the 2011 term
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:43:35 -0600

David Kowis [dkowis AT shlrm.org] wrote:
> On 02/01/2011 01:29 PM, Mark Bainter wrote:
> >David Kowis [dkowis AT shlrm.org] wrote:
> >>>

> >>And we have our volunteer to run it!
> >
> >Pfft, I'm just a General Developer, not a Lead. I can't run the vote.
> >:-)
>
> It doesn't require that a lead Developer run the vote as I read it.
>
> So yeah, you should do it.

Per Voting Policy:
* If a Project or Component Lead is removed or steps down before the end of
their regular term, the Project Lead (or, in the case of the Project Lead
being the one removed, any other Lead Developer) WILL call for nominations
for a replacement within one week of the effective date of the Lead's
removal. The voting process for the replacement WILL continue as described
above. The replacement WILL at most serve out the remainder of the existing
term for that position, and the regular vote WILL be held when scheduled.

* If at any time a Project or Component Lead position is empty (due to lack
of available candidates, etc.), the Project Lead (or any Lead Developer, in
the case of a Project Lead vacancy) MAY schedule a new vote for a temporary
Lead to fill the position until the next scheduled election. The vote will
continue as described above.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to actually, since it's not like I've had time
to do much of anything else for SM in the last couple months. :-(