sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] icu 4.4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] icu 4.4
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 00:41:05 +0200

Hi all,

As you might have noticed, icu version 4.4 was added to test and quite
quickly reverted. The main problem seemed to be webkitgtk, which didn't
like icu 4.4 at all. Currently the icu spell offers 4.4 as "devel"
version.

However, the webkitgtk issue is solved :)

As I only have 4 spells installed that directly depend on icu
(at least, that's what gaze tells me), I'd like to see more testing
before we update the icu spell to just use 4.4 instead of being
multi-version.

From what I can tell the following spells depend on icu (the grep
being done from my codex dir):

grep icu */*/*/DEPENDS |awk -F/ '{print $3}'|sort -u

beecrypt
boost
c3270
couchdb
firebird
firebird25
mono
openoffice
parrot
php
php-dev
quasar
strigi
sword
webkitgtk
x3270
xalan-c
xerces-c

I've got boost, openoffice, php and webkitgtk build with icu 4.4, can
anyone else verify the others if they use those spells?

Thanks :)

Arjan Bouter

+=======
GPG: 79D4B14E
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.
http://www.sourcemage.org
+===