sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Who uses Eclipse?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>
  • To: Tommy Boatman <tboatman2 AT comcast.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Who uses Eclipse?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:00:57 +0100

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 08:19:29AM -0600, Tommy Boatman wrote:
> Greetings SourceMagers!
>
> I've noticed that the version of Eclipse we have is 3.3.0, while the
> current version is 3.6.4. Since this is a major development platform
> for some folks I know on other Linux distributions, I wanted to see how
> our population feels about upgrading it before I did it.
>
> Thoughts from anyone are appreciated.

If it's seriously neglected I'd say, by all means update it. You could
ask the people who last updated it if they have any particular reason
for not updating besides lack of interest/time. Though if you do know of
serious backward compatibility issues at least notify the caster of
these issues and if warrented give the caster an easy option to opt-out.
You might look at PostgreSQL for such an example.

As for me personally, no I don't use it, I'm a happy vim user. ;)

Regards,

Remko van der Vossen.