sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: git-able spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: git-able spells
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:45:04 +0100 (CET)

:2009-10-30T17:31:Thomas Orgis:

> I have one gripe with git spells... namely: branches. I am still trying to
> get my HD3200 integrated graphics to do XVideo, and in the course of that I
> am faced with drm and Mesalib spells that offer git and choice of git
> branch. I think it is suboptimal that the tarball is always named the same
> way regardless of branch it represents. Since stuff is not working for me
> (well, drm isn't with the HD3200), I am suspicious of everything, including
> wondering if switching branches works properly with the existing git
> snapshot tarball from /var/spool/sorcery. The larger issue here is that I
> share the spool directory via NFS and somehow don't feel good with one
> machine using one branch and another machine another branch, both
> extracting the current tarball and switching the branch it represents back
> and forth. Basically, I'd like the branch to be part of the version
> "number" of the git spells... that would solve the shizophrenic tarball,
> too.

drm and mesalib only have one git branch atm. And yes it's easy to
generate a source per branch.

DETAILS:

SOURCE=$SPELL-$BRANCH-scm.tar.bz2
SOURCE_URL=git://whatever:$SPELL-$BRANCH-scm:$BRANCH
SOURCE_DIRECTORY=$BUILD_DIRECTORY/$SPELL-$BRANCH-scm

Infact this is something I'll be doing for uzbl spell since that has
master and experimental branch. Of course separate SOURCE for each
branch doesn't make much sense but if people consider this important why
not. Git tends to be cheap to DL.

And stop using the drm r6xx-r7xx SPELL branch(which hase been removed,
is unmaintained upstream etc...) and use the grimoire branch instead. ;)

--
Andraž ruskie Levstik
Source Mage GNU/Linux Games/Xorg grimoire guru

Ryle hira.