sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Withdrawal from position as developer

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Dale E. Edmons" <demaillists AT comcast.net>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Cathy E. E. Edmons" <cedmons AT comcast.net>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Withdrawal from position as developer
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:54:57 -0700

Eric,

On the bright side young people have little to worry
about. Your body isn't starting to wear out and the
corporations know you'll make huge sacrifices support
your family.

Once you become senior, then make sure that every
penny you get in raise, goes into savings. Because
nowadays "senior" is an acronym for "cost". Companies
now have no concern for quality as evidenced by the
many products I've bought just to toss them in the trash.
I now shop for some stuff at yard sales and other
"reseller" places. Buying new is a waste of effort,
fuel, and cash (technology items are especially a
double-edged sword). But, to buy a house, I've been
saving all extra cash and living very modestly. That
alone is my saving grace. Build extra protection into
your savings!

Take care all.

Dale E. Edmons
(aka linuxfan)