sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glselect REPAIR files (was: Announcing stable grimoire 0.31 release)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: sqweek <sqweek AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glselect REPAIR files (was: Announcing stable grimoire 0.31 release)
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:01:15 +0800

2009/3/15 Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>:
> Here's the shortlog[1] between 0.30 and 0.31:
> Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik (18):
>      mesalib: added smgl-gl_select support
>      xorg-server: added smgl-gl_select support
>      smgl-gl_select: updated to 1.0.0
>      xorg-server: added a sed as per lynx' instructions
>      glselect: added as a function
>      mesalib: using internal glselect
>      xorg-server: use glselect

I'm using the test grimoire so it might not be these changes exactly
that affected me, but recently when I "scribe update"d I got some
PRE_REMOVE files REPAIR'd into spells like nvidia_driver that
consisted of:

glselect mesa

Might not have been "mesa" but something like that - the intention is
presumably to ensure that the GL libs are at least symlinked to
existing files.
Anyway, there's 2 problems with this:

1) FUNCTIONS is apparently not automatically available in PRE_REMOVE,
so the glselect function isn't found - $GRIMOIRE/FUNCTIONS must be
explicitly sourced.
2) during dispel, GRIMOIRE is set to
/var/state/sorcery/tablet/<spell>/<date>/grimoire, not the usual
/var/lib/sorcery/codex/<grimoire>. Of course, when I had previously
cast nvidia_driver glselect didn't exist in FUNCTIONS, so even after
fixing (1) glselect won't be found during dispel.

Not really sure what the best course of action would be here, but
since I can't see how this upgrade path can succeed, figured I should
bring it to your attention.
-sqweek