sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] proxy email from flux_control about test6 iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] proxy email from flux_control about test6 iso
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:41:42 -0600

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:28:42 +0100
Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz> wrote:

> >> In the past we had our "netconf" so configuration of network was
> >> very easy also for users, not now.
> >>

> > I disagree:
> >
> > `man networking`
> >

> 'man interfaces'
>
> What about commented out these lines? Still problem for you?
>
> #auto eth0
> #iface eth0 inet dhcp

Let me just add to this discussion to be complete. I believe we need
to provide an example for the interfaces file. It needs to be
something that the SA can do during the install and if the SA is not
familiar with the format of the file we should leave examples that are
commented out. I don't see how this is any different from the example
fstab that is provided now during the install.

George Sherwood