sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] X.org and evdev

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] X.org and evdev
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 21:24:20 +0100 (CET)

:2009-02-13T11:29:Eric Sandall:

> For those interested in using the new X.org HAL hotplugging, you may
> want to read this:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EvdevInputDriver
>
> We may want to switch our default driver selection for input from
> xf86-input-{mouse,keyboard} to xf86-input-evdev, after much testing,
> of course. :)

We don't provide a default driver selection per-se but might include
-evdev under the sane selection. But making it the only one no way.

Not to mention all the issues people have been recently having with
evdev anyway.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies.
Ryle hira.